The focus of this module is to address some of the more common bad habits seen in individuals with auto immune issues. By addressing these factors head-on, you reduce the risk of various health issues down the road and will likely reduce your symptoms in the process.
There numerous habits which can have a negative impact on immune function. Though many of these are unique to each one of us, reviewing some of the more common ones can give you a good starting point.
Please review the following sections:
By implementing regular physical activity into your daily routine, you should benefit from:
- Improved lipid profile and metabolic health
- Improved hormonal stability
- Improved immune function
- Improved mood and sense of well-being
Objectives in Focus
This module is all about gradual improvements and reprogramming the small day-to-day behaviors that you’ve picked up throughout your life.
Daily Habits to Develop
Sedentary interruptions are required to counteract the negative effects of a sedentary lifestyle and can improve your metabolism, blood sugar control and cardiovascular health; taken together these factors could lead to healthier sebum production.
Laughter and positive emotions can have a magnitude of positive effects on immune function, blood flow, markers of depression and has even been shown to directly influence important parameters for skin barrier function.
Taking Care of Bad Habits
Rethink Bad Habits
Certain bad habits may be preventing you from making any real progress with your skin issues. Acknowledging these habits and finding ways to break them can be a critical component of regaining control of your skin.
Example Daily Checklist
- Interrupt all sedentary activity with light exercise using an hourly chime
- Go for a 5-10 minute walk in the morning
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- If you can, walk to the store instead of driving
- Visit a local comedy club or performance theater
- If bad habit is noticed, interrupt it and dedicate 2 minutes to think it over