This is a follow up on my original regimen written back in September 2015.
It’s now been almost a full year since the previous version was written and I’ve made significant changes to my regimen. This new regimen has been extremely effective for me and has radically changed my view of seborrheic dermatitis and skin care in general.
Here’s a quick summary of where things stand now:
Why I’ve Changed My Approach
- Fear that I did not fully understand my skin and that my seborrheic dermatitis may resurface at any point.
- My previous regimen was showing signs that it was no longer as effective as it once was.
What I’m Doing Now
- At its core, my current regimen relies on a unique blend of natural triglycerides (oils) which I apply daily (missing a few days has been fine).
- I no longer use any cleanser or soap on any sebum-rich areas of my skin; other than a mild shampoo for my scalp/hair.
- After the shower, I simply rinse my face with moderately cold water, wait for it to begin to air dry and massage in a drop of the oil.
What I’m Doing for My Scalp
- For the past few years, I’ve been using a shampoo called Andalou Natural Moisture Rich Shampoo, which kept my scalp issues at bay.
- The makers of this shampoo have recently (summer 2017) changed the formulation and the new one is no longer as effective (significantly more drying).
- Using the same oil (as for my facial skin) has helped to offset most of the dryness scalp.
- The future plan is to either develop a custom shampoo formulation or find a suitable Andalou replacement (ideas/suggestions welcomed).
How the Oil Developed
- While operating this website and writing the eBook I became obsessed with truly understanding seborrheic dermatitis.
- My new found knowledge allowed begin finally understand the patents/principles of existing treatments.
- Through the research, I began making attempts at my own custom formulations.
- The sub-set of formulations which utilized triglycerides (oils) demonstrated superior results and this is naturally where my focus shifted.
- After gradual improvement, a specific formulation was isolated and this formulation is the main component of my current regimen.
The Skin Conditioning Oil
- The oil that I use is a simple blend of specific triglycerides extracted from palm and coconut oil, sea buckthorn seed oil and vitamin E.
- The main function of the oil is to help supplement healthy skin barrier function, while also modulating the skin’s microbial community.
- Based on the success I’ve had with this specific oil blend, it was first made available directly to community members of SkinDrone and then under a separate brand name called BIOM8.
- You can find out more about this formulation on it’s dedicated page over on the BIOM8 website.
- This formulation is applicable for all areas skin (including the scalp), but my primary usage is for the facial area, ears, and hairline.
Other Important Factors of My Regimen
- My diet is fairly relaxed, but there are certain things which I try to include daily: apples, carrots, cruciferous vegetables, enough water, and celery.
- Another important factor in my diet is my omega 6 to 3 ratio has drastically shifted. This is without supplements, but primarily through the consumption of fresh fatty fish.
- Eating in moderation and making sure to not overeat has been very helpful and I believe many of us may fall victim to larger portions than our bodies really need.
- I’ve made it a habit to never inspect the skin close up and never pick any pimples or blackheads that arise.
- I strongly believe that stress is a huge factor and do notice that my dandruff tends to act up during times of high stress.
- Recommended usage instructions for the Skin Conditioning Oil
- Feedback from current users
- Frequently asked questions regarding the formulation
Hopefully, this may prove useful for you.
Please let me know if you have any questions regarding any of the above.
Update 2017: This regimen has been utilized by individuals all over the world and in the majority of cases, their outcome has paralleled my experience. However, everyone’s skin is unique and I believe knowledge is still our most valuable asset moving forward thus my work with this website continues.