Tagged: Week 1
- June 26, 2017 at 1:49 pm #3020
Michael AndersKeymaster3 pts
Vitamin A is a generic term which is used to describe various molecules which display the biological activity of retinol (precursor of retinoids).
Vitamin A is an essential nutrient. It is required for healthy cellular growth and plays an important role in immune function, blood lipid regulation and maintenance of mucous secretion ["Vitamin A deficiency modifies lipid metabolism in rat liver." Liliana B Oliveros, Marueda A Domeniconi, Verufnica A Vega, Laura V Gatica, Ana M Brigada, Marueda S Gimenez (February 14, 2007)" rel="popover" data-placement="top" role="button" data-trigger="focus" data-html="true">1].
Ideas for Easier Integration:
Eating vegetables which are orange in color is an easy way to select vegetables high in Vitamin A.
Some of the best sources include:
- Sweet potato
- Squash (butternet or winter)
- Serum Vitamin A levels have one of the most clear cut impacts on sebum production ["Human skin condition and its associations with nutrient concentrations in serum and diet." Esther Boelsma, Lucy P L van de Vijver, R Alexandra Goldbohm, Ineke A A Klufpping-Ketelaars, Henk F J Hendriks, Len Roza (January 23, 2003)" rel="popover" data-placement="top" role="button" data-trigger="focus" data-html="true">2]
- Obtaining Vitamin A from vegetables sources (as opposed to supplements and animal products) prevents the risk of over consumption
- Fish and eggs are also high in Vitamin A, but this objective focuses on vegetable
- Don’t spend too much time focusing on specific measurements and percentages (IU)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.